Craft Brewery Experiences and Virginia LOVEworks in the Valley
August 19, 2022
Virginia is a big name in the craft beer scene, and the Shenandoah Valley boasts some of the best around. Our carefully crafted beers emphasize local ingredients, many of the breweries offer incredible views, and often, there’s something fun going on like live music. Virginia LOVEworks signs let localities share what they love about this wonderful state with unique designs that make awesome backgrounds for your vacation photos.
- Great Valley Farm Brewery & Winery boasts incredible mountain views and hosts a variety of Saturday food trucks.
- Heliotrope Brewery has yummy beer, specialty pizza, and a playlist made up of visitors’ favorites. The patio overlooks Main Street, and the brewery is steps away from all downtown Lexington attractions.
- Devils Backbone Outpost Tap Room & Kitchen has an exceptional menu for both beer and food. Catch a breeze on the deck and enjoy Sunday brunch, happy hour, trivia, and live music.
- Rockbridge Vineyard & Brewery has Uncorked live music on select Sundays. Spread out a blanket or set up a chair in the outdoor space for views of the vineyard and mountains.
- Taste something from one of the 18 rotating taps at Brew Ridge Taps. The bottle shop has 199 bottles of beer on the wall!
- Perfect your pour at Salerno Wood Fired Pizza & Taphouse’s “you pour” beer wall with 30 beers on tap.
- The Natural Bridge State Park LOVEwork depicts rock formations, Lace Falls, and the flow of Cedar Creek under the Natural Bridge.
- JJ’s Meat Shack’s LOVEwork celebrates Rockbridge County locations like Buena Vista, the Blueridge Parkway, and area colleges.
- Basic City Beer Co. stages lots of live music in its large outdoor space. Inside, you’ll find games in the taproom and you can order Billy Pie pizza to go with your pint. For something different, check out their speakeasy-style cocktail lounge, The Showroom.
- The fishing-themed LOVEworks in Constitution Park celebrates the South River and the Waynesboro Water Trail.
- There’s always something happening at Redbeard Brewing Co. Check out the Redbeard Brewing Co. Concert Series as well as regular trivia, karaoke, crafts, D&D, and more.
- Shenandoah Valley Brewing Co. often has live music (sometimes spontaneous) and events like comedy.
- Queen City Brewing has dozens of beer options, bottomless popcorn, and regular food trucks, live music, and open mic nights. Want to learn the craft of brewing? Sign up for the 6-3-1 Brewer’s Apprentice Program.
- Stable Craft Brewing offers tours, wedding and event space, and a number of other activities like lawn games and cornhole golf. It also has lodging available, and “igloo” rentals during colder months/off-peak season.
- Relax around a table or firepit in Skipping Rock Beer Co.’s large beer garden. The brewery holds a variety of events including live music, bingo, trivia nights, and craft events.
- Seven Arrows Brewing hosts events like Game Night every Wednesday, live music on some Saturdays, and open mic nights on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Stable Craft Brewing’s farm-themed LOVEworks installation provides a great background for your post-pint photos.
- Harmony Harvest Farm’s LOVEworks in Weyers Cave helps illustrate their mission of living a better life through flowers and is redecorated with seasonal flowers monthly.
- Brothers Craft Brewing’s annual Resolute Weekend with a highly anticipated tap list, vendors, entertainment, food, music, axe throwing, and beer talks. Brothers also sponsors VA Momentum’s Turkey Trot and Run, Sweat and Beers, a monthly multi-distance run with post-run beer discounts.
- Pale Fire Brewing Company has a taproom with a cozy fireplace and library where you can read or listen to vinyl. There’s also a big patio and 11 beers on tap. The brewery hosts artisan fairs, trivia, Singo (musical bingo), live music, and more. The also now sell Za Spot’s deep dish pizza.
- Restless Moons Brewing: Look for live music, cornhole, shuffleboard, giant Jenga, and food trucks. In colder months, Restless Moons Brewing erects igloos for its customers. Groups of friends can stay warm and cozy under the stars all winter long.
- Every February, Three Notch’d Valley Collab House puts on Iron Fly, a fundraiser for Trout Unlimited described as “fly tying meets Iron Chef.” Fueled by I’d Rather Beer Fishing lager, contestants create flies using mystery ingredients.
- The Friendly Fermenter is a nano brewery offering homebrew inspired beers.
- Each of the letters in the LOVEwork in Harrisonburg is made of repurposed materials like wood or bike frames. The letters represent cultural diversity, agricultural heritage, outdoor recreation, and the arts.
- Housed in a historic mill, Elkton Brewing Co. specializes in natural artisan beers, emphasizing quality over volume. Check the calendar for live music and food trucks each weekend.
- BrewHaHa Brewing Company is a nano brewery near the entrance to Massanutten Resort that also serves non-alcoholic craft sodas.
- Cave Hill Farms Brewery is located on a working farm that produces fresh ingredients for its beers. There’s regular live music as well as space to hold your own special event.
- Cave Hill Farms Brewery has not one, but two love signs!
- The ever-changing LOVEwork at Elkton Town Hall is updated each month to commemorate civic groups, small businesses, and community members.
- The 11×35-foot LOVEwork at Massanutten Village Family Entertainment Center is huge, so you can’t miss it, even if you’re busy having fun.
- The LOVEwork at Dayton celebrates the town’s history and agricultural roots.
- The seasonal LOVEwork at Back Home on the Farm has a harvest theme.
Craft Beer and Whiskey
- Hawksbill Brewing Co. brews with local ingredients, including hops, honey and blackberries. The brewery has outdoor, dog-friendly seating, food truck pop-ups, and monthly “Pints for a Cause” events.
- River Hill Distillery creates corn and aged bourbon whiskey and country wine using ingredients grown, distilled, and aged in small quantities on the working farm in Luray.
- Luray’s “Logs of Love” LOVEworks installation on the Luray Caverns grounds is a nod to the fact that Page County is known as the Cabin Capital of Virginia.
- Seasonal LOVE signs are featured in front of the Luray-Page County Visitor Center in Downtown Luray.
Front Royal and Warren County
Craft Beer and Mead
- Vibrissa Beer serves delicious craft beer and “surprising twists on traditional American-style brewpub fare.” Test your wits at a weekly trivia night!
- Honey & Hops Brew Works ferments a range of flavors of mead, which can vary from sweet, dry, fruit-flavored, tannins, oak, spice, and hops. Check the schedule for live music.
- Pavemint Smokin’ Taphouse: This “farm-to-street” taphouse serves up global street food and a nice selection of craft beers and ciders. Dogs are welcome, and there’s often live music on the weekends.
- LOVEworks at Front Royal entrance to Shenandoah National Park, near the Apple House restaurant. The O is a big, red apple.
- The LOVEwork in Downtown Front Royal is decorated with a cheerful mountain scene. It’s just a few blocks from Pavemint Smokin’ Taphouse.
- Box Office Brewery is housed in a 1918 theater that originally showed silent films. Now, the brewery hosts a casino night fundraiser, live music, weekly open mic nights for young performers, and monthly paint nights.
- Stover Creek Farm Brewery serves beer, farm-crafted sausages, and wood-fired pizza. Visitors can enjoy disc golf, axe throwing, a dog park, berry picking, and events like trivia and the Swover Music Series.
- Woodstock Brewhouse has an outside bar and patio, onsite food, and event space. Visitors can see traces of the site’s former life as a WWII denim plant that produced bell bottoms for the Navy.
- Town of Woodstock LOVEwork identifies important Woodstock icons like the Woodstock tower and the Swiss guard town icon.
- The LOVEwork at Seven Bends State Park was created from timbers salvaged from an 1800s barn that stood on the spot.
- LOVEwork at the Virginia Museum of the Civil War is constructed from items that speak to Virginia’s Civil War history.
Winchester and Frederick County
- Winchester Brew Works has a family-friendly tap room with new brews weekly. It has been Voted Best Brewery in Winchester multiple years in a row.
- Broken Window Brewing Company is a nano brewery in downtown Winchester specializing in a wide variety of craft beers. They host weekly themed trivia, happy hours, and an annual block party anniversary event benefitting Shenandoah Shepherd Rescue
- Dividing Creek Beer Co. allows dogs on the patio. Check the schedule for live music.
- Escutcheon Brewing holds festivals, fundraisers, and celebrations. Be entertained by ping pong, games, and live music, and contact the brewery if you want a private tour.
- Backroom Brewery grows hops and celebrates the harvests with a big beer menu. Look for live music weekends, holiday celebrations, and other festivals.
VISIT the SHENANDOAH VALLEY
one of the most popular
getaway destinations in Virginia